View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 08:13 AM   #6
sddinkinsmom

Re: hysterectomy/ooph..to change to AI

Debbie,
When I mentioned the ovaries working really hard I have been having frequent periods. Btw. every 2-4 weeks. I had only one and 1/2 month of no periods while I went through my "bad chemo" and then got it back within 3 weeks after chemo done. Then I did radiation, then started tamoxifen. So from June of 2014 till now, I have been having a period every 2-4 weeks. With both of my U/S the dr. said that I have follicles that have ruptured and I understood that as with more frequent periods I was ovulating more frequently?
I read these posts about how womens onc. don't want them menstrating at all and definatly not frequently. I feel frustrated. Every time since June that I told my onc. that I was having these frequent periods he would say "huh, I don't know why you are having such frequent periods. Have you talked with your OBGYN?" So I went and saw her in the fall and then again in March. I have never had my estrodial level checked as so many other women have. Am I over-reacting or do I need to find a different onc. I was told after my herceptin was done that they wouldn't do any follow up scans b/c they haven't found them to be cost effective in finding reccurances? Feeling frustrated, not sure what I need to do?
sddinkinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote