View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 01:39 PM   #15
1rarebird

Re: ~It is your Believe51 talking~......

Marie,

I am a scared and worried newbie here and feel almost presumptuous in attempting to post a comment to you. But I have read enough now of your story and your Mighty Oak's (Ed's) long struggle that I sense I understand a little of the the great love the two of you shared and the immense sadness you felt last November.

I have just passed my first 'cancerversary', and as bad as I may have felt physically and emotionally during the last year, I can only imagine how tough it was for you during that same period of time. It may sound strange, but I have found comfort in reading your brave accounts of all that you and Ed went through. They are inspirational and give me hope for the future.

As others here on this board have more elegantly stated, please let me add my gratitude to you for your efforts.

Phil (aka bird)
Male Breast Cancer, DX 5/15/09, IDC, STAGE 1, 1.7 cm, HER2+++, ER+(95%)/PR+(75%), Ki67 40%, grade 3, 0/5 nodes, TX: mastectomy, TCH finished 7/19/10, radiation 6 wks., Tamoxifen on going, bisphosphonate 24 mos.
1rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote