View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #39
CarolineC

Re: Finding Little Comfort in the Statistics of Survival

I love this site for the thought-provoking and uplifting conversations. I have just been diagnosed with a sternal lesion and in my first post I hope I didn't give the impression that I will back down. In the last 2 years I have done as much as I can to make my body as strong as possible and when I am tired and need direction I ask for and get it. I am not particularly religious (although I do pray to God) as I am spiritual and I know I'm being protected because I am given signs. Keep the faith, as Bonnie says, and just try to do the best you can everyday.
When I get mad or down,I put on my IPOD, go for a walk and play all my inspirational songs, look at the beautiful scenery, and am thankful for every moment. I will also get mad at cancer and that makes me walk with more of a purpose.Sometimes days go all wrong but I feel that we must sometimes go through the bad to get to the good. I have been on Youtube watching music videos lately and like the words in the Keep Your Head Up song by Andy Grammer, 'only rainbows after rain", or Invincible by Hedley (maybe listen to the lyrics version before you watch the one with P. Reign.) The message is abit like Katy Perry's Firework.
This whole journey has not been entirely negative; I have found many great friends and have learned that sometimes you have to take each minute by minute, but you will make it through. I am rolling up my sleeves, so to speak, again.
Caroline
CarolineC is offline   Reply With Quote