View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #1
Unregistered

my sister passed away

My sister, Carole, passed away on January 29th.
She had a huge network of friends and supporters throughout her brief 2 and half year battle with breast cancer.
She will be terribly missed by her devoted husband, three brave and special children, my parents and siblings.
We tried our best to always encourage and support her and most importantly, provide her with hope. Despite our efforts and her continued optimism, she could not survive this disease.
We are comforted in our knowledge that she is in a better place right now.
Thank you, Christine and Joe, for providing this support group. Through the abundance of information posted on this site, we were able to prolong her life, which allowed her the opportunity to travel and, ultimately, spend mores time with family and friends.
The Lapitinib drug for brain mets showed that it was, in fact, working for her. But, because her liver was slowly giving up, she could no longer continue the drug…I hope this provides some hope for those interested in this drug.
Thank you to all of you who continually offered encouragement. Although it will be too painful to visit this site, I will check in on occasion to see how everyone is doing.

Fondly,
Celina

Zeyl, Carole

ZEYL, Carole Sunday, January 29, 2006 Carole Berube, age 44. Loving wife of Don Zeyl. Dedicated and loving mom of Byron, Nadine and Jory. Cherished daughter of Jacqueline Bourgon and Normand Berube. Dear sister of Murielle McKinley, Celina Masoud and Richard Berube. Cremation. Friends may pay respect at the Kelly Funeral Home, 580 Eagleson Road, Kanata Thursday from 5 to 9 p.m. In Memoriam