Thread: Chemo 1 Done!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 04:40 AM   #9
Pinay88

Re: Chemo 1 Done!

Snolan, right you are. At times, I've to check my backside and make sure I haven't any bedsores from all the lying down The burping though is causing quite a bit of comedy in our household and my 6 year old in particular has now the habit of 'outdoing' my burps..hahahaha!
Deb33, thanks for the advice. I am going to try psyllium fiber supplement and see how it works. You look fab on your pic, by the way...can't believe that was taken 5 days post mastectomy. You look glorious
Bonnie, you are right. The journal will fill up fast. I find it therapeutic to do so. I look forward to perusing the pages once more when all this is over and marvel at this chapter of my life that hopefully will not need revisiting in real life ever again.

Lastly, thought I'd share this...a friend passed this along to me. Just when I was wishing to fast forward things to the end of chemo and all treatment..
"When we claim one of God's promises in the bible,whether it is for peace of mind, courage or provision of our needs, we place ourselves in His hands and on His schedule. As we wait, it may at times seem as if the Lord has forgotten us. But trust embraces the reality that when we stand on a promise of God, He remains faithful. The assurance is in our hearts, and the timing is in His hands."

Diagnosed at age 38 with IDC (T1, N0, M0)
6/22/2011: Excision biopsy, right breast, 1.9cm tumor,
ER-/PR-/HER2+++, grade 3
7/12/2011: MRM, right; elective mastectomy, left
ALL residual breast tissue and 19/19 lymph nodes NEGATIVE for tumor...yay!!
8/18/2011: port placement, start AC, cycle 1
10/23/2011: end AC cycle 4
12/12/2011: TH cycle 2 done
1/17/2012: Taxotere 3 done, on herceptin holiday due to arrhythmia..

Pinay88 is offline   Reply With Quote