View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #28
Laurel

Re: "Affordable" Care Act LOL

Everyone,

I have not commented on this thread, principally because I have strong feelings about our new healthcare adventure. However, I will say that as a politically divided and polarized nation we Americans are bound to have polarized opinions of the new health care legislation. It will not be easy to respond CAREFULLY to this discussion. However we all DO need to know what is happening to one another regarding our insurance experiences going forward. By doing so we can assist one another around the bureaucracy and unintended pitfalls that ANY system will inevitably manifest.

So look, everyone, this is here and now and must be dealt with no matter what one's feelings about it may be. We need to assist, enlighten, and educate one another so we can continue to receive the needed care for our members. Karen, stay. Please know you are loved and respected. Stay. Let's all fight on together our real enemy--Her2 breast cancer--not one another. We can do this, because at the end of the day love prevails. Let's not be too harsh on ourselves at his moment in time. This new legislation is frightening to some, welcome to others. We must allow civil discourse to go forward and not attempt to silence one another so we continue to share our experiences. We need to hear the GOOD, the BAD, the BEAUTIFUL, and the UGLY. We, certainly as cancer warriors, know all too well that knowledge is power.

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote