Thread: money
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #28
Bev

Hi all, the figures quoted all seem to be in the range of 3 to 5K per plus lab, plus this and that. Then you see what the insurance company actually pays, Usually 1/4 to 1/3. The Onc gets $36 for an office visit. That's the real cost if you have insurance. Lord help you if you have an income and no insurance.

We pay for our family insurance and it's 11K per year. No vision or dental, and our dental fees come close to that 11K for family of 5.

I have to say if you have a very low income, things will be done for next to nothing. I had a friend w/ pnuemonia in the hospital for 3 weeks on a ventilator and they settled for $750. There are plenty of clinics where she can get free mammos etc. But you are basically on a greyhound bus, no choice.

Because they're are so many uninsured they're upping our bill to pay for it. On the other hand I am really glad they treated my friend. So in a way it's a hidden tax.

Don't know about universal Health care. I love being able to pick my docs and dumping the ones I don't like, those that keep me in the waiting room forever.

I don't know if we're going to solve this one, but I am thankful for all the treatment options that were developed, out of greed maybe, in the USA. BB
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote