View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #19
SusanN

Re: TCH Therapy...6 OR 4 Cycles...

lizbeth,
With my "Chemotherapy Orders" in my hand...I am doing Docetaxol.
SO glad you brought to my attention! At my initial consult with my medical oncologist, he said some of his patients do better on one or the other. I would be on "taxol."
Now, as I said, I'm looking at my orders and have been the entire time I've started as to my dose, etc!

Everytime I go to my appointments, I've got my list of questions,...this last visit with my BS, I, of course said I have some questions, his response, "Of course you do!" He is a very knowledgeable/compassionate doctor! Cancer Surviver, too!!

Last Mon, 3rd Hercepin, had quite a scare (you may have read my thread...), however I had a reaction, heart palpitations, racing pulse rate, tingling tongue...asked nurse to slow infusion...and to please take my BP...she told me I was probably having a "panic attack"...got going again...(I was talking with mom...all was going smooth before this came)...started again, I asked her to "stop" it!
She Finally called my onc, he ordered a steroid...she acts as if I "annoy" her, needless to say, LONG DAY...

Making a long list of questions & info for my Mon appointment with my oncologist!!

Always so grateful for you knowledge and input!!
1/4/13 Rexcision, NO CLEAR MARGINS!! :(
2/11/13 Mastectomy with Expander Placed
2/15/13 INFECTION at Mastectomy site...emergency Surgery!!! Expander removed :(
DX: DCIS, IDC, Stage 2a, 2.7cm, 1/5 nodes positive
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
4/1/13 Begin 6 Cycles TCH Therapy
4/1/14 Finished Herceptin!!
SusanN is offline   Reply With Quote