View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #14
Brenda_D

I don't what the answer is. Something in between.
My greatest fear right now, is not the cancer itself, but losing my insurance coverage.
I'm on my husband's health insurance through his work, and whether we have it or not from quarter to quarter, is based on the hours he works. In his field (construction) he may work alot, or very little in a given time frame.
We can self pay for 2 quarters, but only 2, and after that we lose coverage. I'm not even sure we could go to Cobra since it would be due to a lack of work, and not that he no longer works there. Besides the full cost of Cobra coverage would more than likely be much more than we could afford, and I can't get on Medicare for at least another year. We make too much for Medicaid, and are the ones that fall between the cracks.
I've already run into problems affording the co-pay for my herceptin, and the onc writes it off. Now the insurance co. decided to take away the "provider discount" because my onc doesn't buy from "their pharmacy", and guess who that is now billed to? I can't afford that either, so if the onc doesn't waive it too, I guess I will be done with Herceptin.

Are 4, 3 week treatments enough??