View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Chelee

Anyone use pepcid, Nexium, etc?

This isn't quite the most important question of the day. lol But I was curious since I am new to chemo if your oncologist gave most or you something for your stomach. Not just anti-nausea meds...but medication for that super bad heartburn and indigestion you get after chemo?

My first session of chemo I went an entire month in PAIN. I could hardly drink water without that burning in my throat...let alone eat anthing. I played heck eating food.

Well this second full session of chemo I changed oncologist and I asked her IF there was anything I could take for the heartburn and indigestion...that it was killing me. I told her I can't eat cottage cheese and apple sauce without pain. She looked up at me and said loudly, "You mean you have NOTHING for this....absolutely nothing?" I told her "No". I said the other oncologist gave me not a thing for it. She really sincerely seemed shocked. She said I had to have something for that...she could not believe I went that first row of chemo with nothing.

She imediately wrote me two prescriptions for Pepcid and Nexium. Since I have those meds...like is so much better after chemo. I can EAT again. Sure things don't taste as good still...but at least I can put some food in my body without pain in my stomach and major heartburn. These meds are great. I can eat just about anything now thanks to these meds.

Did all of you get medications for your stomach like these? And I am curious if these hamper or affect the way the chemo works in the body?
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote