Thread: Not good news..
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 03:42 AM   #27
'lizbeth

Re: Not good news..

FOB,

I absolutely have no expertise here. You unicorn is outside the Her2 box for sure.

I am curious with the P53 mutation - does Li–Fraumeni syndrome run in your family?

I read P53 affects arginine and proline. Are you having any issues with blood pressure? any issues with connective tissue or vitamin C deficiencies?

I also read that P53 is associated with angiogenisis. Have you tried Avastin yet?

I found this group in the UK doing work with P53. Are you familiar with them?

EMBO J. 2011 Nov 15;30(24):4921-30. doi: 10.1038/emboj.2011.419.
Regulation of p53 stability and function by the deubiquitinating enzyme USP42.

Hock AK, Vigneron AM, Carter S, Ludwig RL, Vousden KH.
Source

The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Glasgow, UK.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22085928/

I'd get out the juicer and load up on organic vegetables. Focus healing energy on your lungs.

Also in traditional chinese medicine the lung meridian goes from below the lateral clavicle by the axilla down the arm over the ante cubital crease to the radial edge of the thumb. Do you have any soreness or tenderness in these areas? The lungs are associated with the emotion of grief.

I found this posted on Livestrong: The cell cycle -- the sequence of steps your cells go through during cell division -- plays an important role in your health. Defects in the cell cycle can lead to diminished cell and tissue growth, while a loss of control over the cell cycle can cause diseases such as cancer. A gene and protein within your cells, p53 plays a key role in regulating cell division and can prevent diseases, including several forms of cancer. Several nutrients from your diet affect p53 function and activity, leading to a number of physiological effects in your cells.

p53 Function and Importance

p53 carries out a number of functions to control cell proliferation and growth and prevent tumor development and cancer. The protein controls the rate at which your cells can divide, allowing your cells to divide only when instructed by your body. In addition, p53 helps your cells react to genetic damage, repairing genetic mutations in cells before they proliferate, to prevent those mutations from being passed to the next generation of cells. Finally, p53 induces cell death in cells damaged beyond repair. By promoting cell death, p53 disposes of dysfunctional cells within your tissues, getting rid of the cell before it can cause a disease such as cancer.

Effect of Vitamin C

One nutrient that can affect p53 is vitamin C, or ascorbic acid. The ability to activate p53 in cancer cells proves important for cancer treatment. Many cancer cells inactivate p53, allowing the cell to evade death and go on to proliferate and form a tumor. The ability to activate p53 within these cells may halt cell proliferation, or even cause cancer cell death. Vitamin C is able to increase the levels of vitamin C within colon cancer cells, according to a study published by the Korean Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in 2011. In addition, treating the cells with vitamin C was able to increase the efficacy of the chemotherapy drug cisplatin, inducing more cancer cell death than using the drug alone.
Effect of Vitamin D

Another nutrient with an effect on p53 is vitamin D. Similar to vitamin C, vitamin D may promote cancer death by activating p53. A study published in "Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science" in 2003 indicates that treating retinoblastoma cancer with vitamin D was able to increase the levels of p53, as well as other anti-cancer proteins within the cancer cells, leading to retinoblastoma cell death. Though these results have not been investigated for use in humans, vitamin D might prove beneficial for controlling some types of cancer by activating p53.
Effect of Selenium

An essential mineral with an effect on p53 is selenium. Selenium contributes to a number of proteins, and some of these selenium-containing proteins can interact with p53 in your cells. Specifically, the selenium-containing protein SeMet can activate p53 in response to genetic damage, helping the cell to repair its DNA, according to a study published in "Anticancer Research" in 2006. As a result, selenium may prevent cancer development. By allowing your cells to repair themselves, selenium fights the accumulation of genetic mutations required for cancer growth. The use of selenium to prevent some types of cancer is the subject of clinical trials, as of 2011, and the mineral might present a viable cancer treatment.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/41...#ixzz2OXvGeQ6I

While you are swearing, dig around the pantry and find some Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Selenium.

Avastin as a unicorn?

Sending cyber hugs [ ]

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease

Last edited by 'lizbeth; 03-25-2013 at 03:46 AM.. Reason: cleaning up formatting
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote