View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #28
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Finding your power...!

Words of comfort at a difficult time. We all mourn the passing on of our much loved Sister, Brenda...

She came and taught us so much. By example. With passion, devotion, tenacity, courage, inner strength, a hunger to learn, to support, inspire and share! What a remarkable Spirit Brenda is!

i was dead
i came alive
i was tears
i became laughter
all because of love
when it arrived
my temporal life
from then on
changed to eternal
- Rumi

The thought of death leaves me in perfect peace,
for I have a firm conviction that our spirit
is a being of indestructible nature;
it works on from eternity to eternity,
it is like the sun, which though
it seems to set to our mortal eyes,
does not really set, but shines on perpetually.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe -

I too have a firm conviction that our Spirit is indestructable. We return to "our Original Face, the one we had before the Big Bang, before our parents were born" (to paraphrase Ken Wilbur). I always find that concept stunning. It awakens a remembering in me...

There is no death, only transition. Our Spirit connects us to the Source of everything, the eternal field of consciousness that placed its divine energy there to guide and protect us, to keep seeking knowledge and awareness...

Deepak Chopra, Gary Zucav, Eckhart Tolle and so many ancient Seers say we are each here to discover our Truest Self. We are spiritual Beings on a human quest. We have manifested in human form to learn and grow, expand and love. Evolution is an ongoing process and we are each needed to continue to help create the world.

I find that it's incredibly liberating and empowering to see the world through the eyes of your Soul.

Each death is another awakening. Death is a migration of the Spirit. Eternity does not start with death, we are in Eternity now...

Brenda still is! The Heavens are sining a little brighter now that she has moved on. We will miss her, but we will meet again...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote