View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
alicem

Six Year Anniversary

It's my Cancerversary today. Six years ago, I was laying in a hospital room in Houston recovering from my mastectomy and DIEP reconstruction performed by Aldona J. Spiegel, MD. I am grateful for her skilled hands and the medical community that took care of me through the whole process. I am thankful that a mammogram found my cancer and that in these six years I have been blessed with a new son-in-law and a new grandson! Because of my breast cancer, I have met the most amazing people, some of whom are no longer here. I take this time to remember them and the impact they have had on my life.

Sheila Brown Rawlins
Brenda Hutchison
Jessica Lucas
Courtney LeBouef
Chris Tury
Joe and Christine Druther

I know I am forgetting some, blame it on chemo brain. Even though they are not listed, they are in my heart.
Thank goodness that the list of the living is TOO long to include!! You know who you are!!

Life is short, don't ever take it for granted.
10/15/08 - Hysterectomy & Oophorectomy, Lumpectomy: Cyst on uterus, not ovary - all was benign. Breast - 5 of 6 bad margins. 2 Sentinel Lymph nodes removed, both negative. Stage 0, Tis, N0
12/11/08 - Mastectomy & DIEP reconstruction: Surprise! 2 cm Invasive DC, grade 2 found. One benign internal mammary lymph node. Stage 1, T1c, N0, all clean margins. ER+ (Proportion Score = 2/5, Intensity Score = 2/3) and PR+(Proportion Score = 3/5, Intensity Score = 2/3)
HER2 score = 3+
1/09/09 - Oncotype DX: Recurrence S/core of 60 !?!?! ER status is NEG!! PR staus is NEG! HER2 score = 12.2 (still positive, greater than 11.5 is positive).
1/20/09 - Started chemo: TCH
5/26/09 - FINISHED CHEMO!
1/05/10 - FINISHED HERCEPTIN!
1/22/10 - Port-a-catheter removed!
3/07/18 - Still NED
9/10/23 - Still NED
alicem is offline   Reply With Quote