View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #8
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Who's ready for some good news...?!!

I went right for bed when I got HOME. A bit unsteady still. (They'd given me the wheelchair limo to the car, my driver helped me up, Ali helped me in to the car. Paul helped me out and to the bed. Those details to come...

Chase and Scampi (our 2 10 yr old Maltese rescues and our baby, Trooper, (the deaf one thate races like the wind, all now 9 lbs of him, and then slows to hop, hop, hop w/his front paws -- Maltese, Jack Russel, jack rabbit and a few other things) immediately got up on the bed with me. Super Trooper took his job very seriously -- licking the 5 places on my hand where they went with IV needles and such. Worked for a good 5 minutes, healing me...

ELLIE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY (JUNE 29 -- tomorrow)!! Please take my wishes for Life's best allll year long!

Do you all know that the #13 is my lucky #??? (Given to me by a dear friend in '98 when I had less than a 15% chance of surviving a year. She had a rhinestone #13 made for me -- and told me I was #13, so I was going to fine!!!! She said, I'm older than you, and you have to listen to me! Emphatic! Then the #13 started to instantly show up in my face, in Paul's face everywhere we went.)

Yesterday I looked the lovely bracelet they give each patients with my name, date of birth and barcode. Like I'm a product on the check out line, they just kept asking me about that info -- and scanning the barcode!

At around 11:15 I looked down at my bracelet and noted a long # -- it started with -- 13... Wow. Did I smile. And couldn't wait for Paul to be invited in from the waiting room to the bed I was occupying, hooked up to IV and being tended to. I told him to look at my bracelet. What are the first 2 #s?, I said. He laughed -- 13...!!!!

When they wheeled me in, 2 hrs later, I asked what time it was. No watch, you know. Not jewelry. Greta said, it's 1:20. And then, remembering our conversation from earlier she said, I guess you could say, it's 13:20. THAT WAS IT. ANOTHER SIGN FROM THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!! (I think by 13:33 -- 3 and 333 being my 2nd and 3rd favorite #s -- I was One with the Propofol.

Funny, Paul had the clarity yesterday as he met with me, What is the probability you'll be able to find out if it's benign? That's how my foggy brain remembers it anyway. The doc looked at me, locked eyes, and said, if they know something that fast, it's not what you want to hear. So I let go of waking and being told, We think it's benign. You have to wait to learn that.

It's not yet written in stone, fingers still crossed
or Her...

Hey, Madam President Denise, didn't I read you were Queen (of de Nile) the other day? So should I call you Prez, or POABBFC (that doesn't really flow does it?)...? You did it again! You made me giggle!! (You and your Micky Mouse laugh button in there...) Your googobbler looks like a happy but intense guy.

Keep weaning, Baby. Feeling better and better and better with each day.

A million thank yous to you all. To: Wolf (Penny), Tricia, Carla, Mary Jo, MA -- XX in TX, Karen, Pinkie, Steph (best Vit H pal), Jackie, Ceesun, Fauxgypsy, Rachael -- you all helped lift me up and carry me through. Wow, those prayers were potent!

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote