View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #618
Kroesen

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

I have almost completed my first year of "Survival". Next week marks a year that I have had a mastectomy. For you ladies/gentlemen that are just starting the process, know that you will get through this. It will be day by day, step by step, minute by minute, and sometimes second by second, but you will survive.

I thought I was allergic to the Herceptin. My whole body was one big rash and was very painful. I went to a allergist and they put me on all kinds of allergy meds and a steroid. It turns out that I was allergic to the Heparin that they put in my port. If you have a rash, write down everything that you do. I'm told it is very rare to be allergic to Heparin, but I'm glad to have figured it out. I was determined to keep taking Herceptin.

So, as for side effects of Herceptin, I would say sore joints. This is nothing in comparison to everything else.

Good luck to all of you who are starting the process. You WILL get through this and be a stronger person when you're finished with treatments.

God is good-ALL the time.
Kroesen is offline   Reply With Quote