View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
DonnaD

Lee,
So glad to hear your wife is responding so well to treatment. Has she started Herceptin yet?

I felt the same way you did when I rec'd the news of being Her2+ (the one two punch) But I feel so differently now. Like someone said most stats are before Herceptin. Herceptin is our wonder drug I am so thankful to have it available to us now. Many just a few years ago were not able to have it unless they had advanced breast cancer. I just finished in Dec. and really did not want to go off of it. Just like cafe 1084 mentioned. I do wish the HERA trial (one year of Herceptin vs 2 years) results were in.

I was lucky enough to attend the San Antonio Breast conference in Dec. The question was asked if one year of Herceptin is enough. The expert said yes! So much research is being done with Her2+ BC.

I heard it once explained, the bad news is you are Her2+ and the good news is you are Her2+. We do have a very successful treatment now!

I wish you and your wife the best.
Donna
Lumpectomy 8/30/06
Stage llA, grade 3, ER/PR-, Her2++
1.7 cm tumor, 1+ lymph node out of 9
Completed 4 A/C, & 4 Taxol with Herceptin
36 rads completed 5/16/07
Mammograms, 7/07 clear
fractured ribs in radiated area 10/07
Finished Herceptin 12/27/07
Mammogram,CT,tumor markers 1/08 - small lung nodules in radiated area, repeated tests 3/08 stable
Mammogram,CT ,tumor markers 6/08 stable
NED 2 years!!
3 years !!!
4years!!!!
4 years, 10 months and 8 day NED, calling it 5 years!!!
Official 5 years 8/30/2011
8/31/ 2012 - 6 years!!!!!!
DonnaD is offline   Reply With Quote