View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
KellyA

One idea, if the other parents are supportive, would be to get together and make a list for all three boys to work on together. It could be light yardwork, washing cars, etc. I have three boys myself (8,10, and 16). They like to stick together when someone does something wrong, and not fess up (which I suppose is good in a way). So instead of screaming, and losing my temper, we just put all three on house arrest until someone confesses. :-) House arrest includes scrubing bathrooms, washing dishes, doing yardwork, etc. The first time this happened, one of them had stuck a huge wad of chewed up bubble gum INSIDE my piano (in the strings). No one would tell. After 3 days of constant housecleaning, my middle son came running out of his room screaming, "It was me, it was me! Asa (the oldest) said he was gonna kick my a** if he had to clean anymore!" Good thing too- because I was running out of chores!! :-)

Anyways, obviously the chore has to be age appropriate, but I do think that it is important for them to see that people do have to work for money and that it is expensive to repair things- especially when it could have been prevented. Is he writing much yet? Maybe a brief "I'm sorry" note would be a good idea.

Good luck- life is never dull with boys in the house!

Love, Kelly
Stage 2b, 2 tumors- 2.2 cm and 0.6 cm, 3/5 + nodes
all scans clear
genetic testing- negative
06/06 began dd A/C x 4, 12 weekly Taxols w/ Herceptin
30 rads
Herceptin weekly x 1 year
Herceptin completed 08/07
Port removed 12/26/07 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
05/17/08 Two year anniversary NED

"We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... you must do the thing that you think you cannot do."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

KellyA is offline   Reply With Quote