View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #36
Merry

Re: I'm Taking Care of My Mom

Happy Easter Ladies and Gents! It was a pretty good Easter for us. Mom was outside in the Spring sunshine and enjoyed looking at her profusion of Spring flowers. She planted 50 pink tulips for breast cancer and kept saying that she "just wanted to live long enough to see them bloom." Well, she has! My cousin Lauri came over for dinner and we sat around and shared some laughs until Mom got tired and needed to lay on the couch and "suck some oxygen." lol As she calls it.
They tried to tap her lung Friday (wouldn't ya know I was sick as could be again? lol) but couldn't get too much fluid out for some reason so her shortness of breath didn't go away like it has before. I'm hoping it's not a sign of worse decline..oh jeez, I made a rhyme, lol. I think I'm going to call her old radiologist and ask if he thinks she can have radiation to maybe shrink the tumors in her lung. She isn't taking chemo because it makes her so sick so maybe that would help. Her oncologist said radiation wasn't an option because the cancer is in her blood so therefore all over, but that seems like dumb reason to me! And to Mom. All I can do is ask.
Anyway, I'm just pleased that today was a good day. I hope God blessed everyone on this Easter..peace,
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote