View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #462
Sandra in GA

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

Swallowed my last Tykerb at 7:30 this morning. Had my last Herceptin on Wednesday. Finished!!! (I hope)

I am looking forward to days where I don't have to be in close proximity to a bathroom, can eat fresh fruit, and have stamina to complete projects.

I am very thankful I was able to get into the phase II trial that included the Tykerb with the Herceptin along with the reg. chemo and radiation, especially since ALL my lymph nodes under my left were positive. I understand there are already phase III trials going on that look at Tykerb as a "stand alone" or in combination with Herceptin treatment. Time alone will tell if this combo protects me from this HER2 dragon.

Just wanted to share this very special day with those who understand.
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote