View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
TriciaK

Report on TriciaK

I'd much rather post good news, but so much appreciate your thoughts and prayers, and I know the info we share on our treatments and reactions may be helpful to each other. I told you that my markers had started rising again after I couldn't use navelbine this summer. We tried just herceptin but the PET shows the right lung tumor growing again, so two weeks ago we tried gemzar. Had no problems that week, but last week, after the 2nd infusion, I broke out in a terrible allover rash. It looks like the worst case of measles and itches like crazy. I also wound up in the hospital for 4 days, very very weak and sick with pnuemonia as well. I have recovered a little with wonderful hospital and home health care, and next week the oncologist will decide if I can continue gemzar. I am on very high steroids, antibiotics and so on, plus they are watching my heart carefully. It is a setback, but I'm game to keep fighting! I'll keep posting as we learn what is next, and appreciate any experiences or suggestions from all you wonderful fellow warriors. Hugs, triciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote