View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 04:27 PM   #6
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: My really big supplements list

Hi Tracy. Hi Juls.

Have been aware the past 20 yrs that western medicine doesn't believe in supplements. Not proven science. My integrative onc (who I like to call my nutritional or nut onc) says they need to test the supps at higher dosages.

Sure he's right.

When I recurred in '98 and went to him, he gave me the list. Teaches meditation and guided imagery (also considered wackery by western med). I knew how to do this already. Knew about the mindbody connection. Had seen PBS specials in the 70s and 80s. Absolutely resonated with me. Made sense. As did the investigations into the existence of a Soul.

At the time of death, a small amnt of weight is lost every time they tested. Hypothesized it could me the Soul departing from it's home on Earth. Again, I felt it was like a REMEMBERING of things I never knew I knew.

So I had my supps list and told my reg onc that I planned on taking these supps. Made a list -- gave dosage and reasons. He suggested I wait until after chemo. That there could be counter indications, conflict with chemo agents. THEY DON'T KNOW !!! Bottom line.

I called my nut onc and explained. Of course he was familiar with this tired old response. NO, he said, IT'S DURING CHEMO, WHEN YOU'RE IMMUNE SYSTEM IS COMPROMISED THAT YOU MOST NEED THE SUPPS.

I boldly told my onc (who I still love and highly respect for his genius and excellent advice in general) that I intended to take the supps anyway. Right off.

As it is, within a mnth on Taxoere, I developed SHINGLES ! Itchy bug bite ??? mid abdomen. Saw another onc for a 2nd and a 3rd opinion. In doing that, I asked, the day after the bug bite occurred SOOO ITCHY / painful and in retrospect I felt so sick (and thought it was due to the chemo). In the waiting room I put my head in my husband's lap !! NEVER would do such a thing, but I felt I was going to pass out.

HERPES ZOSTRIX the onc said. What ????? That's shingles. Went immediately on Valtrex 2 or 3 x a day to fight it off.

When I went to my NY onc for tx he looked and said, YOU CAN'T GET CHEMO WITH SHINGLES. I was terrified. I KNEW I needed the chemo to survive too many tumors to count throughout my liver !!! I went home, looked up in my NUTRITIONAL HEALING manual SHINGLES. All ailments are listed alphabetically and they list and explain the necessary supps to take.

So I ADDED a few. Sent my husb to health food store to purchase them and began taking them immediately. I was so very sick with pain and the spread of the rash all around the torso front and back!!

You can have Shingles for months, even a whole year. I would die if I couldn't have the chemo.

I returned to the NY onc 10 days later for a checkup. How are you doing? I smiled and said, GOOD. He doubted and smiled and said, Let me see. I lifted my shirt sitting on the exam table and he walked all around. He said, delighted -- YOU'RE RIGHT !!! All the pustules had crusted over and were healing. YOU CAN GET CHEMO, the onc said. YOU CAN GET IT TODAY !!!

CURED IN 10 DAYS. My immune system was boosted. Took the meds required right off, luckily !!! And added more supps specifically to tx Shingles.

So -- I believe in my supps. They are miraculous. Hospitals think we're nuts (those who take all the supps and flush $$$ down the toilet). My 3rd opinion onc in NY (from Mt. Sinai, very highly regarded) didn't want to mess with my belief system but admitted to me that he had given 100 of pages of lectures against supps.

This is what we're up against. Mainstream medicine is clueless. They don't teach medical students about nutrition or supps. Maybe a few hrs on a single day. I asked my SIL who is an OB GYN. Conservative medicine is what our docs practice. Not open to alternative, integrative medicine !!!

I am!!! I attribute my success to the chemo and the surgeries, but also to the meditation, the mantras, the guided imagery, my Zen attitude (some say I am like a Buddhist).

I envision myself far, far into the future. Daily. In vivid detail. Through meditation. Daily. All these yrs.

I wish all my Sisters miraculous success ! And BELIEF. And courage, cause you'll be meeting much opposition to such "lunacy". Forewarned is forearmed. Right ??

Love and Light dear Ladies.

Andi

Always here for you. Any time. Just PM me or e me. I love to help. It is part of why I have been spared my life. I have messages for you.

And you each have messages for me ! That's why we're here, people. To love and help one another. And carry messages for one another.
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote