View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 08:41 AM   #15
Andi

I lost about 4-5 lbs during my lumpectomy and remained about the same through out my chemo. During my dose dense a/c I got along with my first one so well that my onc said I could try cutting the steroids that they gave me to take the first days following, I was able to get by with half of the original amount. When I began the taxol and herceptin (weekly) after I got along with the first treatment, he cut the premed steroid in half for the rest of my infusions. I would be so hungry for the first couple of days after these treatments that I could never get full. He also said that exercise was the best fatique fighter so if I could handle it to try and not become a couch potato. I had a treadmill at home and started with that and worked myself up to 3-4 miles. He told me that during chemo was not a time to try and lose weight, but I was fortunate that I remained the same and did not gain. He said that many women gain weight during their chemo. I am now on herceptin every three weeks and still have a couple of hungry days following my infusions. I eat a pretty healthy diet and am getting plenty of exercise (I'm training for the 3 day in Arizona in November with my daughter).but feel that right now if I didn't kind of watch things I would put weight on pretty easily. I am also taking tamoxifen, and I don't know if that has anything to do with weight issues.
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote