View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #17
swimangel72

Thumbs up

Terri you still have a beautiful face - don't worry about the extra pounds right now - just try to eat a healthy diet and get some exercise. I'm also tall (5'10") and totally understand about how the number on the scale would scare shorter women - but the good news is at least we can CARRY the extra weight. When I first became a lifetime member of Weight Watchers (about 20 years ago) I went with a short girl-friend. A 20 lb weight loss for me was equal to a 10 lb weight loss for her - she used to get frustrated until I told her all things are NOT equal since we don't have the same height and bone-structure. Oh and I can hide the extra weight even more because I have very broad shoulders and hip bones......but it makes it hard when I need was forced to buy a size 18 Women's in jeans just to fit my stomach because I still have such a flat ass that the fabric just hangs back there! No matter how thin I get, it's the same story - clothes don't always fit me well.

I look at any weight gain now as insurance that we have something to fall back on. A friend of mine was seriously ill with some kind of lymphoma.......she had to be hospitalized for months for her chemo treatments. She survived and to this day, my friend says she had a better chance to survive because of her extra weight on her bones. Sounds like an old-wives tale (my mother always told stories like that, me-thinks remnants from the Depression) but maybe there is some truth?

Anyway - just continue being your upbeat beautiful self Terri - as my mother always says, "And this too shall pass away."
IDC Stage 1, Grade 1
ER+ 90% /PR+ 90% /Her2++++, BRAC1 & 2 neg
3/5/08 - mast with muscle-sparing free tram;
0/7 nodes clear; Stage 1 lymphedema in right arm
3/11/08 - MRSA infection in abdomen causes large hernia
4/11/08 - Oncotype DX score 22 (intermediate)
4/12/08 - Muga score 67%
4/23/08 - Chemo, Navelbine and Herceptin every 2 weeks
8/20/08 - Last Navelbine infusion! Yay!
1/22/09 - First mammo since dx - unaffected breast CLEAR!
1/30/09 - Second Muga score 63%
swimangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote