View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 08:06 AM   #25
Cristina19

Thank you, ladies, for your presence here. I get myself to the computer first thing in the morning to get your wisdom. Your humor and strength is priceless.

Everything you've said is right on the mark. I'm not really feeling the Neulasta shot yet but I just got it yesterday. The nurse was great: she warmed it in her hands and gave it really slowly, just like you said, Gerri; perhaps we had the same nurse!

I have a newfound love for nurses. I know some can be less personable but every one I've been with at COH has treated me like their daughter/best friend/cute puppy. That kind of TLC is so wonderful.

The Decadron is something else. I need to clarify what I'm supposed to be taking because my perscription says 1 4mg tab in the am and another in the pm; my sheet from the doctor says to double it up the day of Neulasta. Yesterday night, I took two tabs as instructed and have felt jittery every since. I slept alright, waking every two hours or so, but went right back to sleep.

Melinda, I love your sense of humor. Thank you for reminding me to stay "up." As for the hair: it has been so hot in my neck of the woods, I was almost looking forward to cutting it all off last night! But, perhaps I'll just cut it shorter and shorter as you did (if the treatment will allow for it). I have shopped for a wig, and guess what, my head is big. (That sounds to bad!) So all of the average-sized wigs don't fit. I've got to shop for a "large-cap" wig which are harder to come by but I picked up a tlc catalogue from the American Cancer Society and they have sizes and pretty nice styles. I'll let everyone know the quality when I see it. The synthetic wigs don't look so bad I suspect; and, anyway, I'm probably going to be more comfortable in simple/cool headcoverings until it cools off here in Los Angeles.

xoxo,
cristina
Cristina19 is offline   Reply With Quote