View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
caya

Re: Hair regrowth beginning...patchy...anyone??

Susan, I had such thick hair before BC. I mean ridiculously thick curly frizzy. It would take hours for my shoulder length locks to dry naturally (and I would have to use tons of gel, moroccan oil etc. to tame it). If I would blow dry it myself - 45 minutes.

It grew back straight, fine, less gray and about 1/2 the thickness. I did not have to colour my hair for almost 2 years after it grew in, the roots finally started to get grey enough that I needed to colour it. Def. grew in quicker after I finished Herceptin. I did not use any special shampoos at the time. I still have to remind myself of my "new" hair and use less product in it - just a bit of moroccan oil to smooth it out before blow drying, which now takes 15 minutes max.

In fact, I noticed it started to grow back more quickly and just a bit fuller after I finished my 5 years of Tamoxifen and Femara, which are known to slow/thin hair growth. Eyelashes and eyebrows too. It is def. a process.

all the best
caya
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!

Last edited by caya; 09-19-2013 at 09:26 PM..
caya is offline   Reply With Quote