View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 10:34 PM   #29
AlaskaAngel

Re: Breast cancer, and seeking advice

Hi Dianne,

I was reading through all the posts again to look at all the suggestions, and wanted to answer the questions you asked.

The swimming pool here is used for the schools and has very limited hours when it is open for adult swim, 5-6:30 AM. Also, because I do not live in town it would require a similar commitment as going to a gym, 2 1/2 hours per trip plus the gas to and from, as well as leaving around 4:30 to 5:00 AM to get there, which isn't practical. Our private road is not generally plowed until late morning at best, and weather changes very rapidly and unpredictably here so it can mean extended delays getting back home. Even though I am self-employed, I do have have work to turn in on time, and often have unscheduled overloads.

Snacks like cookies have been entirely off the menu other than the whole wheat persimmon/oatmeal cookies I made last December for Christmas. I do eat the fresh fruit suggested in the 1300 calorie diet that the RD provided, which has very specific limits; no more than 10 fresh grapes, for example. Sugar has been off the menu for 4 years now. The only fat I eat is a pat of butter per day, 3 half walnuts, whatever is in the salmon I poach, 1 teaspoon of olive oil a day, the 3/4 cup a day (maximum) of 1% milk, and what is in the 2 tablespoons of freshly ground flax seed.

A.A.
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote