View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #74
SusanN

Re: For those interested: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

Thank You for praying for me Paula!!

Actually, this past Thurs, I had quite a scare as I was infused with Benadryl...BEFORE Herceptin...

The FIRST time I had my initial "dose" of Herceptin, I was given benadryl capsules...slower release...yet I would get dizzy & experience heart palpitations, high BP...my nurse assumed I was having "panic attacks"...had 2 more weekly Herceptin infusions with "capsules"...had to ask her to slow, then stop the the IV...

Finally, we talked to my oncologist, he wanted to rule out Herceptin side effects/panic attacks by having me wear a heart moniter...so, we decided to drive an hour away to another treatment center where he was...and better care...
THANK GOD, as when I was infused with the Benadryl BEFORE the Herceptin, within minutes, I got dizzy, heart palpitations, my BP soared, I couldn't catch my breath...my body started twitching...it all lasted nearly 20 minutes...I was given ativan...was able to calm down and finish my entire chemo!!!

So, thankful for my mom, praying...my compassionate nurse, the doctor who was right there...I even asked him to pray!!

I wore a heart halter home, for 48 hours, had some palpitations...will have an echo tomorrow...

However, I AM TRUSTING GOD IN ALL THIS...!!!!

That was my 2 treatment...am feeling just weak...other than that...so far, okay!!

Thanks soooo very much Paula!!!

Sorry if I didn't make much sense...
1/4/13 Rexcision, NO CLEAR MARGINS!! :(
2/11/13 Mastectomy with Expander Placed
2/15/13 INFECTION at Mastectomy site...emergency Surgery!!! Expander removed :(
DX: DCIS, IDC, Stage 2a, 2.7cm, 1/5 nodes positive
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
4/1/13 Begin 6 Cycles TCH Therapy
4/1/14 Finished Herceptin!!