View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #16
DianneS

Re: Kidney issues -anyone else?

Marily,

Thank you for sharing. That is so interesting about your experience with herceptin and kidneys. Why don't the doctors tell us about this possibility?

Did anyone follow you medically to tell you about your congestive heart failure - I mean, did they know it was happening? Do you have high blood pressure or anything else that could be making your GFR abnormal?

My nephrologist also told me about NSAIDS (Advil, Motrin, etc) and the damage it does to kidneys.

Also some high blood pressure pills, such as Ramipril, can cut off blood supply to kidneys, so just a heads up if you're on BP meds. Maybe check with your doc about kidney interaction.

I hear you Marily, you've been through way too much to have to deal with dialysis! That's how I feel too. I think, tho, that you have to be in the below 20 GFR before they get worried. But I ain't going there!

About bone degeneration - can the Aromasin cause that? I know that aromatase inhibitors can cause this, and my onc said if I take it I would have to be on some bone building medication.
There are meds that rebuild bone. There is also a natural product called Strontium II. It is not the radioactive type but a different type. You can google it and see what you think. Do you take an extra calcium pill - have you talked to your doc about that?

I hope some other ladies post about the bone degeneration but maybe that's a big enough topic to be it's own thread!

Hope you are feeling better, Marily. You are a real trooper.

Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote