View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
DianneS

Re: Kidney issues -anyone else?

Hi schoolteacher (Amelia),

Interesting that you are having some kidney problems too. Is your heart function good? Mine was when an echocardiogram was done in August.

I also request to see all of my lab work and I keep the copies for future reference. You just have to be your own advocate these days!

I drink lots of water as well. It has not seemed to make any difference so far. But I think it does help get the drugs out of the system faster.

My creatinine has been as high as 100 but is going down. From what I have been told, exercise, stress (none of that around here eh?)diet, drugs, and yes amount of water one drinks can affect it. But my GFR is going down, which I don't like. And I don't understand why, since the creatinine is dropping. I guess to get the GFR labs use a formula and those formulas can change depending upon the lab. My nephrologist said not to focus on the GFR or it would drive me crazy (I'm there!). But what is causing the kidney dysfunction? I have been done with the toxic chemo since March so they can't blame that.

Anyone had their kidney function return to normal after finishing herceptin? I'd kinda like to keep my kidneys working, after all that I have been through!

Dianne
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote