21 This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.

22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”

I took the New Living Translation, Amplified Bible , the Good News Translation, The Message, and The Contemporary English Version, put them together a la Paula to personalize it for me and got this:

I recall and mull over in my mind the reason I can have the peace of such a solid hope and expectation. It comes straight from God’s Hand and is based on His character and attributes. It is because of the Lord’s mercy, kindness, and His great love that I am not consumed when I hit bottom. He loves and accepts me. His goodness fills me with hope. I can have confidence and courage even when hard things happen because I can always trust the Lord no matter what. I keep a grip on hope. His tender compassions never let me down, not ever. The Lord’s unfailing love, faithfulness, and mercy forevermore continue--they never run out or dry up. They are brand new and fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise. Great and abundant are Your stability and faithfulness, Lord! I continually remind myself that the Lord is my portion, my share, my inheritance therefore I will hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him. I'm sticking with God and what He says in the Bible. He won't ever let me down. Deep in my heart I say, 'The Lord will meet all my needs; I can depend on Him 100%'. My hope rests securely in Him ..and when my faith is shakey and doubts and fear crowd in, I can cry out to Him to help me and He will.

Two versions of a song based on Lamentations 3:21-24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJYf9KnxwbQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJbXD...1&feature=fvwp