View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 12:30 PM   #4
Bunty

Re: Her 2 climb with doxil (doxorubicin)

It's been a complicated 5 months, starting with a very difficult operation to remove a brain tumour which required surgery as it was near the brain stem. Previously I have had about 5 brain mets successfully SRT. The operation was very successful in removing the tumour, however, it was a very difficult and long operation, and a lot of fluid had to be pumped into me. The fluid has resulted in me having to have a lot of draining of my tummy. Hospitalised for 7 weeks, with a lot of draining occurring, and since being home a few more. I looked and felt like I was 10 months pregnant. There is no free air in the abdomen or pelvis now.

My oncologist is not convinced the Enhertu is working for me, but of course we are still observing while I stay on Enhertu, which I have found to be quite an unusual chemo with strange reactions sometimes!

There is no active disease at the moment, but we have just started measuring the CEA. My CA 15.3 remains at a low level and no significant trend up.

Also there was another reason to consider going on to HER2Climb as there was noted a "smooth pleural thickening which may indicate overlying infection/inflammation".

I don't know how to answer your question, but I'll raise it with my oncologist. Many thanks.

Marie
Bunty is offline   Reply With Quote