View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #126
Emmay

Re: Joe passed on this evening

I was completely stunned to read of Joe's passing, and my thoughts, prayers and sincere condolences go to Christine, Danielle, and Deborah, who so generously shared their husband and father with the extended Her2support community.

My beloved younger sister passed away in August '09 after valiantly fighting the disease for 6 years, and it was the excellent information, support, hope, and love on this site that sustained me and so many others as we have struggled together with our loved ones against this disease.

I know all of us here wish we could have offered Joe, Christine, and his daughters the same kind of support he gave us through this website. He had such a gentle, kind, and wise way as he guided us and was forever looking for ways to improve the site, even when it seemed it could not possibly be any better.

Christine, Danielle, and Deborah, my deepest sympathy as you grieve Joe's passing from this world -- he is surely a powerful guardian angel now; his wonderful spirit will live on in your hearts and memories, and in the ongoing care, support and love that comprises her2support.org

Emmay - My sister's history:
6/03 Her2+,ER-PR-Breast Cancer, IIb, 7/03 lumpec. rt.brst
9/03 Begin chemo-AC+T
2/04 Mastectomy for local recurrence
3/04 Begin Herceptin, 5/04 Rad to mastec.site
9/04 Recurring Headaches=brain mets
10/04 Craniotomy #1 - rem. 3 br. mets, 11/04 WBR
2/05 Begin Lapatinib(Tykerb) Clinical Trial
5/05 Craniotomy #2 - remove largest brain mets
7/05 Stereotactic Radiation to 2-3 brain mets
10/05 - 3/07 CyberKnife Radiation Treatments for sm brain mets as they arose. Cont. Herceptin
5/07 Begin Temodar+Sorafenib for brain mets
2/08 Begin Tykerb(Lapatinib)+Xeloda for br. mets
5/08 MRI&Biopsy shows ext.new disease, some necrosis
5/08 Begin CPT-11(Irinotecan)+Avastin for br.mets
6/08-4/09 MRIs look great! cont. Herceptin
3/09 Stop CPT-11, brain CTclear-some nausea,backpain
4/09 Scans=pleura,liver,bone mets.
New Rx Herceptin+Avastin+Xeloda
6/09 new Rx Carboplatin+Herceptin
Emmay is offline   Reply With Quote