View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 12:14 PM   #7
DeeUK

Next week, I'm due to have my 5th 3-weekly Herceptin treatment. My first was at the beginning of May.

I'm Er- Pr-, and take Flax seed oil supplements at relatively low dose.. 500mg per day (when I remember!.. which is most days, but I do miss it quite often, and tend to be a bit sporadic in taking it).

Have you found it increasingly hard since starting on herceptin by itself to:
1) find the names of things when you speak to other people?
Occasionally.
2) find the names of things when you are writing?
Occasionally.
3) put words in the right order in a sentence?
Yes.. I've noticed this even more so, in the past couple of weeks. Not necessarily so much putting words in the right order, but more mixing words together. For example, I wanted to say "Bev & Dale", and it came out "Dev & Bale".

4) Do you increasingly describe objects rather than put names to them? For example, you might call a hat 'something to put on your head?.
Not yet!
5) Do you do sudoku or otherwise work with figures? If so, do you find it increasingly hard to work with numbers since you started on herceptin by itself?
I don't do much with figures, so haven't really noticed. Though I suspect I would find it more difficult than I used to. Though I think this may be due to finding it difficult to concentrate/focus on things, these days.
6) Do you find it increasingly hard to understand what you have read?
No.

General herceptin-brain questions:
1) Do you find it increasingly difficult to concentrate since you started on herceptin by itself?
I don't think so. I seem to have a bit more focus than I did when I was on FEC chemo.
2) Do you find it increasingly difficult to motivate yourself since you started on herceptin alone?
I do find it difficult to get motivated, but I'm not sure this is to do with Herceptin.
3) Are you increasingly depressed or anxious while on herceptin (since these conditions might be root causes of some people's problems)?
I have been more anxious lately, but this may well be because I'm exactly a year on from diagnosis.
4) Do you suffer increasingly from insomnia since you started on herceptin by itself?
I have erratic sleeping patterns, but I think this is more to do with not having a daily routine at the minute, rather than due to Herceptin.
DeeUK is offline   Reply With Quote