View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
kvogler

Messed up emotionally

Well, I'm several months shy of being a year done with all my treatment--the whole shebang chemo, rads, surgery, herceptin.....and someone I know near my age found a lump and was scared she was going to have to go down my road. Now, I don't wish this on anyone, but when she found out she really did just have the cyst that doctors in the beginning thought I had but didn't, I guess I got jealous or something. She's celebrating and telling me how doctors assured her it wasn't going to be cancer because someone like me was the exception. (She didn't mean to be hurtful but dang--made me feel like a freak.) I got this fairly young (36) and had to deal with an infant daughter at the same time as treatment. This friend is childless and doesn't have as many responsibilities as I do. I feel bad for feeling this and I feel like I just don't fit anywhere. Just venting and needing support from people who have or had cancer. Guess I'll start going back to the old therapist again since this reopened issues for this gal.
kvogler is offline   Reply With Quote