View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #17
Colleens_Husband

Re: Chrisy's 2000th post!

Chrisy:

Thanks for posting 2,000 times. You are truly a pillar of the HER2 community. Keep up the excelent work.

I was sweet on a girl in college but she wanted to test me out first. She invited me to her best friend's birthday party and said it would involve a bit of a hike. She told me to bring water, long pants, sun glasses, a warm jacket, and lots of sun screen. She picked me up and we drove for almost two hours before finally arriving at the base of Mt. St. Hellens. This was in 1978 before the mountain exploded. I asked where the party was being held and she points straight up to the top of the mountain. So off we go up the side of the mountain. The hike is pretty difficult but I tried my best to avoid complaining or lagging behind. After about three hours we got to the summit. I was feeling pretty good about myself having trekked to a summit over 10,000 feet tall until I started looking around. There were tables, chairs, a three foot by five foot sheet cake, and a keg of beer. All of this was brought up by various members of the party. I was just amazed! How did people get a 120 pound keg of beer up the side of a mountain with human power alone? When they tapped the keg, the difference in pressure between sea level and a 10,000 foot tall mountain created an enormous beer geyser and emptied half of the keg. Mt. St. Hellens was the the world's largest beer flavored snow cone that day! After the party was over, we had to descend pretty quickly because large rocks would tumble down the mountain and crush people when the mid-day sun would start to melt the ice, so we got pieces of cardboard and slid down the mountain on our butts, steering ourselves with ice axes.

It was a lot of fun but I was sore for almost a full week.

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote