View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
pattyz

Sue, my orig dx: 12-99

Sue,

I was 50 - dx'd Stage IIIb,

My mets were July & Sept. 2002. I had focalized radiation for the two brain mets - Navelbine/Herceptin worked magic on my internal nodes, small spot on a lung, and spot on my pelvis. Bod's stayed NED since then. But not so my brain. The second occurance in brain was with 14 lesions. They were all treated with more focalized rads (2 SRS Headframe & 2 CyberKnifes two days apart.) over the course of 17 mos. ( have just checked on the time).

With my current six brain mets I was told: no more rads, EXCEPT WBR/T.... So, since Aug. '05 I have been on Xeloda/TEMODAR. Only added the Tykerb about two yrs ago when it became available.

The Xeloda/Temodar combo worked fantastic at first. However for the past two yrs., I have been periodically progressing slowly. Now will be changing to ?? something else. ASAP

My intent here is to see if you've considered this particular combintation? Here is my dose/schedule 'in case' you'd consider it: (me age 60 on the 12th. NO, I don't have any other mets that we know of, nor other health issues we know of. Very much unlike your mom)

Xeloda: 2000 mgs. TOTAL per day - in two divided doses, 7 days on, 7 days off. Temodar: 250 mgs. per 7 days out of every 28, (in combination w/ the Xeloda.) Since there was no 'standard' at the time, my onc created this dosage/schedule for me over time... as he had originally. It was never a higher dosage, however. Schedule of days differed a bit with a lower dosage briefly.

I'm hoping so much that your mom will combine her spirit with SOMETHING that will do her justice.

Wishing her (and yourself!) the most compassion... and best care available to your mom.

xoxopattyz
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote