View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
loveher

Unhappy homecare and other options?

Hello everyone,

Unfortunently my mothers disease has progressed considerably in the past few months. She had brain radiation for the second time in march, the doctor was surprised (pleasantly suprised) that she responded, we are very thank full for that. however, we know that it is still there and will progress eventually. what other options are there? tykerb/zeloda failed last year. are there any other chemos that can cross the bbb?

We are usually a family filled with hope but my moms situation does seem dire. she also has mets in the lung and liver. and from what the doctor has told me there are innumerable mets in her spine now.

My mom is very weak right now, she does not get up from the bed very often as she is still unsteady on her feet. She is however still absolutely set on fighting this disease and refuses to give up.

My other concern is that there is a period of time when i leave for college and before my aunt comes that we will need someone to help my mom at home. Does anyone know anything about social workers or patient care takers?

thanks so much!
Hi i'm Sue. I've been part of the her2support family since 08'. My amazing mother Hong was her 2 stage IV 9 years and bravely earned her wings, I still love this board and continue to her fight. Plz reach out if you want to connect:)
loveher is offline   Reply With Quote