View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #29
PinkGirl

Agnes rested on the couch in the waiting room. She knew that
her boss was in his office but she could not hear Valerie Vavoom's
voice. "She must have left already" thought Agnes. Never the one
to disturb Mr. Rockhead unless it was a dire emergency, Agnes
thought this would be a good time to clean the bathroom - she would
speak to Jim Rockhead when he came out of his office.

After scrubbing and disinfecting the entire room, Agnes emerged from
the washroom. She glanced at the office door and saw that it was now open. She peeked around the corner and saw that the office was empty.

"Darn" said Agnes aloud, "Mr. Rockhead must have left while I was cleaning the washroom". She decided to take this time to make a list of the questions she had for her boss. Agnes went into the office and sat at a small table in the corner; her table, her work area. Someday, she hoped, she would have her own office.

Agnes proceeded with her list of queries. She had overheard Valerie Vavoom say that she was being blackmailed. Had Mrs. Vavoom received phonecalls or had it been a black mail letter? Was her sister Vivian Vavoom still in London making trouble for the Royal Family with her relationship with Prince Stuart, the heir to the throne? Did Valerie Vavoom know who the mystery woman was who had collapsed in the waiting room? Did this mystery woman explain
why she had the Ellingfish pomeranian? Had Mr. Rockhead found time to visit with Daniel Vavoom Senior? Did Mr. Rockhead know anything about the police investigation of the body believed to be Danny Vavoom Jr.?

And lastly, Agnes would gather the courage to ask Mr. Rockhead if she could keep some of the $1000 payment from Mrs. Ellingfish. She would gently remind him that she had not had a pay cheque since Christmas.

Agnes decided to stretch out on the couch and close her eyes. Drifting off, she began thinking about the $1000. That is a huge amount of money to pay for a dog - unbelievable amount of money actually. Hmmmm, she thought, and why is the dog's chaise lounge chair tag ingraved "Princess" and not engraved "Pom-Pom" ???????

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album

Last edited by PinkGirl; 06-19-2008 at 12:56 PM..
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote