View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #12
Nancy L

Re: For those interested in a cure

I can see that you are very upset about my initial post Jackie. I do strongly believe research should be LASER focused on a CURE and I personally believe any vaccine that shows promise should be funded by someone. I have had several personal letter conversations with Susan G. Komen about this.

I can't believe it has never crossed your mind that a lot of money is made on the miseries of all advanced breast cancer patients---$50 billion a year doesn't include lost productivity, quality of life, etc. If we are spending as a nation $5 billion a year on BC research and haven't made much progress in over 40 years, what does that say.

You mention Dr. Slamon in your posts. He is my doctor and when I see him in December, I am going to ask him about this oncologist and the new vaccine she believes should be funded. I have asked Dr. Slamon about vaccines in the past. He said to me "Nancy, it is not going to hurt you if you decide to enroll in one of these trials. But there is no data to show they work".

So please don't let my post stress you any more---it is not worth it.
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote