View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #5
Sandy H

I have had a double and have never gone out in public with out my prostesis or wig. Guess, I must be a vain person! I don't wear them at home unless I have company. I have cami's from TLC catalog that I wear because of my lymphedema instead of bras. I get the foam weighted inserts from TLC and they are more comfortable then the silcone ones-not heavy. I attended an IBC (inflammatory) support, most of them have had double mastectomies and no one was wearing anything and they stood/sat straight and proud. Even though its not me I have to applaued them for doing it. Most people do not know I have had a double or most of the time no hair!! I like to keep it that way. I have to share this with you. One time I had just enough hair to highlight and it was very short but cute. When I went to one of my group gatherings an 85 year old fellow looked at me and said, "I never thought you would cut your hair that short"! I simply said, "oh but I have changed". Another lady sitting beside me looked at me and smiled and afterwards asked me if he really didn't know and I told her, "guess not" and I wasn't going to embarrass him by saying anything. hugs, Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote