Thread: TCH Revisited
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
chekmark

Re: TCH Revisited

I found that mind over matter played a huge roll for me. I like Kelly had mine on thursdays, worked on friday then it would hit me on Sat and Sun like a ton of bricks but I managed to go back to work on monday but still felt pretty crappy. I had my second chemo on Dec. 23rd and I told myself that it would not ruin my or my families christmas and I did pretty good. Then 3 and 4 were kinda rough again and then 5 and 6 I knew I was near the end and did pretty good. I had the shots as well. My count dropped tremendously and I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic they put me on and ended up leaving my christmas party to go to the er. That was my only set back. Once that kink was worked out I had no other problems. The good news is that you have made it through 2 treatments. That is huge. Some have complications and set backs. You can do this. Before you know it you will be done with chemo and will start to get stronger every day.Stay strong. Cry all you want. I cried for 6 months, heck I still cry. I couldn't understand how this could have happened to me when NO ONE in my family had cancer. We are choosen for a reason and someday we will get the answer to that but until then we just keep the faith as Bonnie has told us all and hope for the best. They are getting this breast cancer beast figured out. The chemicals they put in our bodies make us feel worse than the cancer, and then you start to look like a cancer patient and that does not help but then it is over and you start to look like your old self again except now there is no cancer. (Hopefully) And we continue to live our lives differently. The journey is rough but we are strong and we are fighters. Keep your chin up. We are all here cheering for you. I cried today when I was telling someone that asked about my journey and while I was telling this story I thought, wow I have been through alot and I am here to tell my story. I had never really had that feeling before. I was glad to be alive. I lost a year with treatment but I will have hopefully gained another 20 or 30. That makes it all worth it for me. Would I do it again, don't know. I will tackle that hurdle IF it happens but I told myself that it is not going to happen. Take care of yourself and your needs. You deserve it! God bless and keep us posted. Darlene
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote