View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 03:51 PM   #78
Juls

Re: Treatment after Kadcyla?

Hi All,

Just out of hospital. Turned out sciatic pain is either cancer cell or new bone met in pelvis near groin. In exact position that I've felt nerve on and off over Summer. Got worse 31st Oct. & went to GP, A& E, A & E Consultant & Onco over last 10 wks.. Been going ever since! Everyone checked the numerous ct's,mri & x rays done between April/May until mid Oct. Nothing seen! Textbook sciatica! Finally my Onc Nurse (along with new private) Physio got suspicious - but they wouldn't give me scan until 10th Jan.
Well all went pear shaped - scan showed bone involvement, liver involvement and enlarged lymph nodes at leg area. Immediately 5 fractions of rad over weekend. Been treated to prevent paralysis. ( That's a joke because everything they did made spine worse!)
Got home yesterday but foot weak so have foot strap, zimmer and walking stick. Physio to come to house!
Saw Oncologist yeterday and told her speak to me when a plan properly formed.
Looking at new trial with herceptin again but Bilirubin could be issue & I would end up missing to many cycles.

She is going to write and ask permission of Scottish Med Board to give me Herceptin regardless but thinks unlikely they will approve.

Asked for analysis report from previous trial - in hope there is something that might be helpful ( she knows nothing about it so has to contact Senior Trial Doc - so going to take time & then its a German Company that deals with it.

other option Chemo / hormonal.

Family not happy about wait but can't be helped.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Just remembered Docs other comment " Don't think you and CT's a good fit!" Might have to send you for MRI's in future!

The plus point was liver ablation vg ( but other problems appeared still to be confirmed)

Juls

Laurel - think that iron fist is well out the glove now!!
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote