View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
freyja

good book

My favorite book has a lot of info on this. It's "The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Breast Cancer: A Practical Manual for Understanding, Prevention & Care" by Sat Dharam Kaur ND
Herbs for improving lymphatic and immune function include: Burdock Root, Marigold Flower, Goldenseal Root, Echinacea Root, European Mistletoe, Poke Root, Red Clover, Cleavers Herb, Wild Indigo Root, Bloodroot, Pau d'arco, Carnivora (Venus fly-trap), Green Tea.

The ones I'm most familiar with and might be most easily available are the green tea, organic decaf is best. Also, echinacea, raises white blood cell counts, the book says take 25-50 drops tincture 3x daily. Goldenseal, 7-40 drops tincture 3x daily, three weeks at a time with a week break.

I recommend finding a copy of the book for more info, and of course consult with your doctors. Let me know if you want me to give you more info from my book on any more of these.

"Dancers Against Cancer" in the Eugene, OR Komen Race for the Cure 2010
Diagnosed 8/7/08 with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, micropapillary pattern, Her2 3+, ER+,PR-, grade II, positive lymph nodes.
Received 6doses of Taxotere, Carboplatin with Herceptin continuing for a year...DONE.
1/28/09 Left Modified Radical Mastectomy, Right Simple Mastectomy.
Surgery pathology: No invasive carcinoma present and 17 lymph nodes removed all negative! Only small amount of carcinoma in situ in left breast.
March/April '09, Radiation to left chest wall.
Currently involved in Neratinib clinical trial.

"Well being I won
and wisdom too,
I grew and joyed in my growth;
from a word to a word
I was led to a word
from a deed to another deed." (Odin)

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote