Thread: Lapatinib EAP
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
Theresa McNiel

Lapatinib/capecitabine (Tykerb/Xeloda)

Ragini:

1. Scans and reports you will need (latest scans have to be relatively recent, if they are too old you will need to do them over):
- pathology reports from all surgeries/biopsies
- latest CT scans (actual films plus reports)
- latest echo/EKG reports
- latest blood tests
- medications list (from your oncologist showing dates/doseages of all chemos/drugs you have been on)
-any other scan reports (PET, MRI, ultrasound)

You must check with the actual physician who is the contact at the EAP site you wish to visit (I gather since you want to be in LA that would be Dr. Link at Breastlink Medical Group, Long Beach, tel: 562-427-2100, or Dr. Mena, Providence St. Joseph Hospital, Burbank, tel: 818-840-0921) to see if your S'pore scans/records are acceptable.

2. You will have to report back to the doctor in LA once every three weeks for the duration of your treatment. They do labwork every three weeks and heart echo every six weeks. Don't know what other scans are required.

Ragina, the procedure is you consult with the doctor then he/she refers you to the research office he/she is associated with. They enroll you in the EAP and give you the drugs. So you will want to speak BOTH with the doctor's office and ask for the research office to make sure they are all coordinating on your case.

Best of luck to you. My hubby is Singaporean and I used to live there too. My dream is to go back to S'pore to visit my in-laws early next year, since it has been two years since I was there. Your oncologist may need to do some follow-up phone calls after you do the initial calls but BE PERSISTENT, don't wait for a response. I had to bug the EAP site in Santa Rosa, CA for about 6 straight days before I got any kind of answers out of them.

Regards,
Theresa in Hawaii
Theresa McNiel is offline   Reply With Quote