View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #11
Ais4Abbott

Re: kat in the delta

I had this problem - neuropathy caused by Taxol, since the 3rd treatment. Even my sheets on my toes cause them to burn, forget socks or shoes that cover my toes. Taxol can cause permanent nerve damage. My Dr. stopped it after the 5th treatment, in April. It is better, now, just in my hands & fingers, and feet & toes. At least its not going up past my thighs now. Pain pills do nothing. Tell your Dr. It's still horrible. I'm here today, trying to find out if anyone that has had horrible neuropathy, found a way to make it better. My Dr. keeps mentioning exercise. But, how can I exercise when my feet and toes and hands and fingers hurt so much. Anything, even touching these keys, or turning pages of paper cause a burning sensation, and my fingers, or toes, turn cherry red. At first I thought I was being a wus, but, its really awful. Thankfully, I can bend my knees again, and step off curbs, again. I was in perfect shape - ha - before this chemo. The Herceptin isn't causing any problems for me. I'm through with the Taxol & Carboplatinum, but they really messed me up. Thankfully, I no longer get the tazor sensation everytime I accidentally tap on a wall I pass by. All my nails seem to be growing back, except the big toe nails are having a really hard time. Still I think I have less problems than most people. Best wishes. Tell your Dr. about the pain. I just read about the Rebuilder device that may cure neuropathy. Has anyone tried it?

Last edited by Ais4Abbott; 08-16-2011 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: New information
Ais4Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote