View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #33
H&B

Hi
I just wanted to quickly say that I think its a wonderful idea and that more positive publicity is required especially now that there are so many new targeted therapies being made avaialble and also in the pipeline. Stage 4 certainly comes with its multitude is preconcieved ideas that society has labeled from the past especially many parts of the medical profession adds to the doom and gloom story with a high level of ignorance and i think FEAR.
The ladies and men dealing with stage 4 today are stronger, smarter, more empowered than ever before and it really is time to change the streotype of both the stage and the disease.
Would also be a good way to highlight all the wonderful work being done in dozens of labs around the world that are investigating the use of targeted cancer medications that will reduce sideeffects and provice an individualised treatment plan.
When this translates to a wide spread acknowledgement that we as individuals can change our attitudes to what it means to live with this change in our bodies, then we will see the next generation not have the same FEAR of the C.
A full life is generally filled with love,understanding,and passion. I am blessed to be beside my wife who is in the club and dealing daily with the battles you all face, it is private and only those going through it will really truely understand. But certainly by bringing it out into the masses there will start to be more understanding, and more love for all those being touched with Cancer.

Good luck with your proposal and let me know if you would like any help from down under.
H&B is offline   Reply With Quote