Thread: liver mets
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
jessica

Ugh!I'm so sorry- Liver mets...I know/knew them well! I was dx'd w/liver mets @my primary dx in 2002. I was NED for a year on 2 occassions, but a single liver met kept recurring, so I finally had a liver resection last December, since I was NED every where else. So far so good...!

My very first combo was Navelbine+Herceptin, but I progressed on that combo, so we abandoned that & moved on to Taxol+Hercep/qweekly.
My disease was very sensitive to TH - "melting away" my disease as my onc says-from "innumerable, immeasureable lesions" to NED in 13 weeks. After one recurrence of the single met, just 4 weeks of TH srunk the met to undetectable by PET.
I did try ABRAXANE+Herceptin at one point, but it was ineffective-no response-so we moved on to Taxol+Carbo+Hercep. It did the trick, but was much harder for me than just TH.
In my case, I didn't progress while on chemo, but recurred in the absence of chemo. The Hepatectomy was our shot at a "cure" for the liver.

It is such hard decision to make, stick w/what you know was effective or switch treatment, & all the unknowns. We are all so different in how we respond to different combos. One person's magic bullet might be very different from someone else.

Hang in there. Keep us posted. And Keep the Faith~

ps-yet another option to consider: the EAP Tykerb+Capecitibine trial

Last edited by jessica; 11-13-2006 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: typos
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote