Thread: Hello everyone!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:41 AM   #19
duga35

Re: Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! I'm sorry that I've been awol for so long now, but all of you are never out of my mind! If it wasn't for the support and wealth of information that I found here when I was first diagnosed I don't know what I would have done!

But, ok, here goes. I've been doing well although I had a "scare" a few weeks ago. During a routine visit to my oncologist he felt that I had "something" on the scar line where my cancer was, so he sent me for an ultrasound. They found that something was there but it wasn't quite visible enough to be sure so he sent me to see my surgeon. He looked everything over and felt that it was just scar tissue but with my history he didn't want to take any chances. So, last Thursday I had my 4th surgery. I also was able to get a plastic surgeon to be there also to do a bit of reconstruction while I was in there. He did some liposuction and tried to reshape me the best he could like I was before all of the surgeries. I went yesterday to see the surgeon for a followup and the pathology report said I was all clear, and it was just a lot of scar tissue. After my first mastectomy I got a pretty nasty infection and I think that was what caused the scar tissue. I also told them before surgery that I was in constant pain there for the last three years. The plastic surgeon couldn't believe how much scar tissue was there plus a pocket of fluid and he told me he didn't know how I delt with that much daily pain! I told him what other choice did I have? LOL. But anyways, I'm still in a lot of pain from the lipo and I'm bruised all over. I don't recommend liposuction! It has good results but VERY painful afterwards! LOL. I still have 2 drains in each side because I still have too much fluid coming out. Hopefully those will come out next week. He doesn't want me going back to work yet but I've been off a week now, going stir crazy, so I'm going in today for a half a day and I'll go from there. On March 14 it will be 3 years since I started chemo so I guess now I'm a 3 year survivor? Can't wait till that 5th year though!

But anyways, just wanted to see how everyone is doing and send my love and prayers. I will TRY not to stay away for so long.

Doug
Tumor Stage pt1b NO MO
DCIS Tumor size 1.5 x 1.x .6cm
Infiltration tumor size .25X.17 cm
Bloom-Richardson Grade 3(score 8)
Nuclear Grade 3 with comedo necrosis
Estrogen+/Progestrone+/HER-2/Neu +++
FISH ratio 4.31
Lymph node removal scheduled 1/07/08
17 nodes tested and all negative 1/08/08
Started Tamoxifin 1/29/08
Oncotype DX score 52 (off the charts, according to my onc!!!)
Starting TCH 3/14/08
BRCA I Positive BRCA II Negative
Finished TC 6/27/08 continue Herceptin
8/1/08 Herceptin stopped due to low Muga score
Mastectomy on left breast 11/10/08
duga35 is offline   Reply With Quote