View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 02:53 PM   #260
dbronson1

Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

I am currently receiving Herceptin weekly (for 52 weeks total). I am on my 27th week , as of this Thursday. At about my 24th week, I started getting a severe reaction. Prior to that, I had a mild itchy rash every week that was cleared up by Benadryl. Since then, I developed a severe rash, with hives. I was put on a regimen of Decadron, 5 of them on day one, 4 on day 2, and so on until I reached zero. As soon as I reached zero, I then went into severe chills, cold sweats, diarrhea, vomiting, you name it. It was terrible. That lasted for 3 days. Then, I had an appointment with my oncologist who said I should be on 2 Decadron (4mg each) the night prior to my Herceptin and also the day after. He started me on that last Thursday. Well, as soon as this past weekend arrived, I am back to a rash all over my back, arms, etc. Still getting the chills, sweats occasionally. I am due back to the oncologist after my Herceptin treatment on Thursday. He has mentioned stretching my treatments out to every 3 weeks because of my allergy, but he wanted to wait and see if the Decadron did the trick. While I want my treatment with Herceptin to continue, I also do not want to go around feeling this way. Has anyone else had a problem like this with Herceptin? If so, what did you or your doctor do?
Thanks for any info. you can give me!!
dbronson1 is offline   Reply With Quote