View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #9
Gerri

I saw this on GMA this morning and thought she was very open and honest. She said that having an MRI saved her life and she is starting a foundation to provide funding for MRIs and BRCA testing for women who can't afford them or don't have insurance. Pretty honorable, if you ask me.

Also, revealing to the world that she had a double masectomy is pretty darn brave. I didn't hear her say she is "cured", but rather that "they got all of it". Perhaps she had negative nodes, so she is inclined to believe that the cancer is now gone. I don't believe for a moment that she will not share the same fears we all do with every new ache and pain we experience. No, she doesn't state the actual pathology of her bc, but I've seen it mentioned here time and again, that all breast cancers are unique to the individual, no matter what the diagnosis. Maybe she takes her public exposure very seriously and doesn't want her celebrity status to influence the treatment decisions of other women given the same pathology.

I admire Christina Applegate for going public with such a personal choice.
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault

Last edited by Gerri; 08-19-2008 at 12:59 PM..
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote